Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Twitter Update

Welcome Message

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ookaboo: Free Pictures of (almost) Everything On Earth!

One of the main things that I hear from my work buddies (and I agree 100%) is that our students have a VERY difficult time making connections because of their limited schema. Well, I happen to believe that technology is the GREATEST way to build up that schema. While I tend to be pretty good at anticipating that "missing knowledge," there are times when I'm blown away by the blank stares I get when I say something that I THINK my kids know. For example, we were talking about ice hockey on a lake or pond (because we were reading a story about a boy who fell through the ice) and my kids could NOT grasp it. Well, I pulled up this nifty site ookaboo.com, searched a keyword and BAM! I had a image for my kids to "think" from and build up those connections and understanding. The BEST part about ookaboo is that the images are school/kiddo friendly. There is no risk of pulling up some borderline BAD pictures when you use a search engine. I tried putting in keywords such as breasts and other male and female anatomy images and only came up with images that you would find in a health or science text book. 



The website says: "Find Free Stock Photos With Unprecedented Precision." I must say that it works preeetyyy well! 

Check it out and integrate your ookaboo images in your SMART board templates, Animoto video's and Inspiration maps







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis