Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Twitter Update

Welcome Message

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Take Me To Space: Classroom Theme

Last year I went with a lime green/sky blue theme in my classroom. While it was very pretty I felt it was a bit understated. See, I felt like it was predictable, something anyone could quickly throw up on the wall and toss out some pretty throw pillows on the ground. This year I'm changing it up and stepping up my game. My itch to change things up led me to discover the world of teacher blogs (and got me interested in creating my own). I began searching and found GREAT inspiration. I stumbled upon Ladybug's Teacher Files who just so happens to have had my colors in her 4th/5th grade ELL classroom last year and is making the move to a neon/black theme. The sirens started going off in my head and I was captivated by the image that she posted from teachfactory.com.


Source: flickr.com via Erica on Pinterest


How amazing is this????

I'm in love. The best part was, I could continue to use my lime green/pretty blue items and add ALOT more color!! AND this is one of my favorite quotes!!! Win-Win!! I can't wait to build my reading centers (yes, plural!!) around these colors (my goal for this year is to run the CAFE/Daily 5 program for my reading instruction).

So, what do you think?

Next post: Shopppppping for my thems (sorry hubby!)

Sneak Peak at my HomeGoods find:








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis